GRANT ALERT: Made in Queensland program
The Queensland Government’s Made in Queensland Program is currently accepting Expression of Interests (EOIs) for projects supporting the advanced manufacturing sector to become globally competitive and adopt innovative processes and technologies.
Grants are available from $50,000 to $2.5 million in matched funding.
Applicants must be conducting manufacturing activities in Queensland and:
- Employ between five and 200 full time equivalent employees
- Have a current ABN and be registered for the Goods and Services Tax
- Have a clearly defined project that delivers benefits to the business and Queensland economy.
Eligible projects will include:
- Innovative processes and technologies
- Leading edge, advanced manufacturing equipment, or
- A combination of the above.
Projects for the upgrade of existing equipment are ineligible.
What is ‘advanced manufacturing’?
Advanced manufacturing involves a holistic approach to the way a manufacturing business operates, with a high level of technology and expertise across the value chain. Advanced manufacturing may involve:
- The use and coordination of information, automation, computation, software, sensing, and networking, and / or
- Application of cutting edge materials and emerging capabilities enabled by the physical and biological sciences, for example nanotechnology, chemistry, and biology.
Round Two EOIs will close at 5.00 pm AEST on 24 May 2018.
If your EOI is shortlisted, you will be invited to submit a detailed application in August 2018.
For further information on how to apply, please contact Sam Morris.