Understanding markets, conducting research, undertaking competitor analysis, being clear on Australia’s International position and knowing the quotas and protocols for different industry sectors requires the right partners at the right time.
Our team can assist you with the following:
- our China General Manager, based in Shanghai, is Australian and a fluent Mandarin speaker who can assist with government and regulatory body interface, local entity establishment, registration & licensing requirements and all of the practical elements to get your business operational in China.
- our Hong Kong-based Head of International Business can assist with these elements in Hong Kong and across a number of other markets in Asia.
- connections with key government bodies, Chambers of Commerce and industry bodies, in China, Hong Kong & Australia to support business entry.
- assist with local representatives in China or Hong Kong for the correct government body/Ministry to apply for relevant permits and work through the approvals process, e.g. Quarantine, product labelling.
- coaching on managing payment terms and structuring your international trade to optimise your chances of being paid
- location – guidance on the most appropriate provinces and cities to engage in, aligned with your industry sector & product / service offering
- language, personal and business etiquette and cultural understanding
- due diligence on prospective distribution partners
- accessing interpreters and translators.
Funding – Specialised support with unique banking knowledge
- Federal Government agency: Export Finance Australia (EFIC), Banks, Non-traditional lenders
- assist in sourcing Debt Funding (SW team).
- identify the project and eligibility, including sounding out relevant state and federal government contacts
- assist with the application and streamline the process with fund agreement reporting. Example: ‘Boost your Business Program’ – Austrade can help to facilitate.
- market entry strategy
- business plan
- establishment of entities and compliance
- foreign exchange
- international tax structuring
- transfer pricing
- global mobility services
- compliance in local jurisdictions
- support employees – reporting and withholding tax
- advice on individual tax implications.
- we have strong connections with a number of logistical support organisations with sound reputations.
- we work closely with various well positioned law firms suitable for all sizes of business
- utilising SW International connections on the ground in China and Hong Kong.