Grant alert: Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grants
Annual grants of up to $100,000 are available to eligible wine and cider producers who foster wine tourism.
The Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant program has been introduced to support producers who add value by encouraging visitors to wine regions and therefore encourage wine tourism. For each financial year, total funding of $10 million is available under the program.
What is on offer?
Wine producers will be able to access an annual grant reflective of their eligible physical cellar door sales.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- be a wine or cider producer
- be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable wine in the relevant financial year
- accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year
- have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year.
Applications for Round 2 will close on Friday 30 October 2020.
How can we assist?
Get in touch with one of our experts below to find out how you can benefit from this opportunity.