Employment Taxes update 2024
At our annual Employment Taxes update for the Not-for-profit, Government and Corporate sectors our experts will delve into the ever-evolving world of employment taxes, offering you a unique opportunity to stay ahead in this dynamic field.
During the session, our experts will provide insights and actionable knowledge that will empower your organisation to navigate the complexities of the current tax landscape with confidence.
During these webinars our tax experts will provide an update on:
- New Developments: Examine recent cases and the Australian Taxation Office’s (ATO) Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) compliance activities. This session will cover hot topics including guidance on electric vehicles, and recent updates in the application of the otherwise deductible rule, helping you understand their implications on your organisation.
- FBT Focus: In addition to a recap on the basics of some common benefits, explore hot topics in FBT, including FBT record-keeping concessions and recent updates in the application of the otherwise deductible rule, helping you understand their implications on your sector. Special emphasis on exempt electric vehicles, reflecting the shift towards sustainable practices.
- Global Mobility: Learn about proposed tax residency changes and how they intertwine with flexible remote working arrangements.
- Superannuation: Gain insights into ATO audit activities, powers of the FWO and their potential impact on your organisation. Additionally, prepare for the upcoming legislative changes requiring employers to pay super on payday from 1 July 2026, aligning superannuation guarantee payments with wage payment frequencies.
- Employee vs Contractor: Understand the ATO’s updated rulings and how they affect your workforce management.
- Payroll Tax: Stay informed about the latest developments in Payroll Tax. This segment will focus on the application of relevant contract provisions, the implications of the new temporary Payroll Tax surcharge, new payroll tax obligations for some private schools in Victoria and the impact of increased thresholds. We will also speak about how to make your payroll tax return preparation processes more efficient and reduce the chance of error.
- Wage remediation: Wage underpayments continue to be the focus of media and government scrutiny and can have immense adverse effects on employers. We will speak about some common causes of wage underpayments, how STP 2 and payday super may super charge audit activity and the role of tax practitioners in the wage remediation process.
Who should attend?
- Tax managers and their support staff
- Human resource management/remuneration and benefits managers
- Other staff interested in employer tax compliance, such as CFOs, financial controllers, CEOs and directors
Session 1 | Employment Tax update: Corporate sector
Wednesday 20 March 2024
Online nationally – via Zoom webinar
1.30pm – 2.30pm (AEDT)
10.30am – 11.30am (Perth)
12.30pm – 1.30pm (Brisbane)
Session 2 | Employment Tax update: Not-for-Profit and Government sectors
Thursday 21 March 2024
Online or SW Melbourne office, Level 10, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne
1.00pm arrival for a 1.30pm start, concludes 2.30pm (AEDT)
Light lunch will be provided in the SW Melbourne office for those attending in person