I am a Risk Advisory specialist, offering a range of services across internal audit, risk management, governance and compliance.
I support and assist organisations to optimise and improve their operations and achieve business objectives. By evaluating and advising on decision-making processes, risk management practices, control mechanisms and governance procedures, I provide valuable insights and guidance while maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
Working with clients across a range of industries, including financial services, education, local government and government owned agencies, water authorities and other public and private sector organisations, my areas of expertise include:
- devising and executing outsourced internal audit programs
- crafting and assessing risk management frameworks
- conducting thorough investigations into fraud concerns and offering actionable recommendations for implementing effective fraud controls
- carrying out independent reviews on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) measures
- performing comprehensive payroll audits and evaluating compliance with Enterprise Agreements
- facilitating the development and review of Modern Slavery statements
- assessing general IT controls to ensure robust security measures, and
- evaluating controls and monitoring outsourced service providers to ensure seamless operations.
I am a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia, and a member of ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association).
Laura Toscano is a Partner of SW Audit and a Director of SW Accountants & Advisors Pty Ltd.