Rami is a Partner and leads our Assurance and Advisory practice and has over 20 years’ experience in providing high quality audit services to his clients. His experience in both assurance and transaction services, as well as across a broad range of industries, provides Rami with exposure to the latest developments in innovation and best practice. For clients, this represents ongoing and proactive suggestions around opportunities and issues that may impact their business, in time for them to mitigate risk or take advantage of the possibilities on offer.
Rami’s experience includes the audits of listed groups – both domestic and international, unlisted public companies and large private groups. This has allowed Rami to gain experience across a number of industries, with specialised knowledge in financial services, real estate, retail, technology and renewables.
Rami is regularly called upon by the Property Funds Association to contribute to thought leadership and present insights to their members. Rami is a member of the Property Council of Australia Capital Markets Accounting Committee. Rami is also our lead audit partner in Real Estate and Funds Management and has worked on our largest and most complex clients in those sectors.
Rami also has extensive experience in preparing Investigating Accountant’s Reports in connection with IPOs and capital raising projects. He has worked on a number of due diligence assignments in connection with mergers and acquisitions both whilst working in Australia and internationally, including London, United Kingdom. Rami also leads a number of ASX listed engagements for the firm. Rami’s experience includes:
- Advised on the accounting treatment for a AUD$130m private placement in US debt markets
- Reviewed forecast financial information for capital raisings for numerous A-REITs and unlisted funds
- Joint investigating accountant for dual primary listing on the ASX and HKEX for an Australian energy resources company with a market cap of AUD$2.5bn
- Undertaken financial due diligence on a property funds management business with AUD$1.2bn FUM
- Completed GS 007 control assurance engagements for custodians and funds administrators with in excess of AUD$50bn in funds under administration
- Advised an ASX listed entity on the financial statement impact of earnout and deferred consideration arrangements with regards to business acquisitions.
- APRA Regulated Superannuation Entities – Auditor
- Rami serves as the Honorary Treasurer of Arts Project Australia Inc. a leading studio and gallery that supports artists with intellectual disabilities.
Rami is a Partner of SW Audit and a Director of SW Accountants & Advisors Pty Ltd.