GRANT ALERT: Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants
The Federal Government has announced the $7 million Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants program.
The Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants offer funding for Australian businesses to undertake a range of activities enhancing the automotive product design and development process. A key objective of the program is to support new automotive product development and enhance business capability for supply into local and offshore markets.
What is on offer?
Grants from $50,000 to $200,000 are available, matched on a $1 for $1 basis.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be an entity incorporated in Australia (includes an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust), and
- Be an actively trading corporation.
What is eligible?
Eligible activities must directly relate to the development of new or enhanced products with automotive application and can include:
- Design – computer aided design and measuring sessions
- Prototyping –3D scanning, 3D printing, prototype tooling, test-fit product prototypes
- Testing – accessing specialised test services, training centres, workshops and visual studios (including augmented reality technologies).
To be competitive, projects must score highly against all the following criteria.
- The extent the project will assist you to design, prototype and/or test automotive products that improve your competitiveness
- Your capacity, capability and access to resources to deliver the project
- The impact of grant funding on your project
Eligible projects must:
- Use an external facility
- Have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure
- Be completed within 12 months
The application process involves completion of an online form. Required supporting documents include a project plan, project budget, evidence of support from the board, CEO or equivalent, plus a trust deed (where applicable).
Applications will close at 5:00 pm AEDT on 13 December 2018.
For further information on how to apply, please contact Steven Edmonds or Sam Morris.
Partner, Automotive Services
T 03 8779 6564
T 03 8635 1980