Property funds | Tax & Accounting technical training
In the lead up to financial year-end, our property fund experts offered an online tax and accounting training session specifically for property funds.
The training session provided the opportunity to maintain and develop expertise in managing the compliance for property funds, and assist with processes when working with an accounting firm such as ours.
The session delivered a deeper insight into the technical and information requirements when preparing accounts, demonstrated how tax components are calculated and common accounting vs. tax differences.
Our property fund experts spent time running through the basic tax knowledge of property trusts, and extended across the following topics:
- Removal of special purpose financial reporting
- Key financial reporting requirements for property funds
- Managed Investment Trusts and Attribution Managed Investment Trusts
- General taxation of trusts
- Calculation of taxable income and tax deferred income
- Accounting vs. tax differences and common adjustments