Estate Planning & Power of Attorney webinar series
Join our three-part Estate Planning & Power of Attorney webinar series.
Each session will focus on topics that are of particular importance when putting a strategy in place to deal with your assets and investments when you pass away.
You are welcome to share this page with anyone who might be interested in attending.
Discover the legalities and different aspects of Estate Planning to ensure you have a solid background before we look at the variations and pitfalls of creating a Will in the world of the modern family, in session two.
Experts from SW and Burke & Associate Lawyers discussed:
- Choosing your Legal Personal Representative
- What assets are part of your Estate?
- Non-estate assets and how to deal with them
- Overseas assets – do you require multiply wills for different jurisdictions?
- Beneficiaries with special needs
- Nominating beneficiaries and superannuation – The recent case of Ashleigh Petrie and Magistrate Rodney Higgins
- Testamentary Trusts
- Case study – celebrity Will disaster.
Discover the variations and pitfalls of creating a Will in the world of the modern family before we look different aspects of a Power of Attorney and how they operate, in session three.
- Blended families
- Strategies to minimise risks of challenges to Will
- Business succession
- SMSF – Business real property leasing to related party
- Guardianship of children
- Establishing a charitable trust
- Online presence
- Case study – Joss v Joss: The successful $3.225 million challenge.
To wrap up this webinar series, our expert speakers discovered the different aspects of a Power of Attorney (POA) and how they operate.
- Current POA under Victorian Law and what jurisdictions are they legally enforceable
- What are the obligations of the POA and how should it be carried out?
- How to handle discretionary support for family members
- Things to do before POA implemented
- What happens if you do not nominate an enduring power of attorney?
- POA’s and SMSF – general v enduring; early release of super
- Advanced Healthcare Directives
- VCAT applications
- Case study – gifts and payments to family members.
Click here to find out more about our upcoming and past events.
Associate Director, SW
If you have any queries or would like more information, please contact the Marketing team via [email protected]