Agribusiness Estate Planning & Power of Attorney webinar series
We are delivering a two-part Agribusiness Estate Planning & Power of Attorney webinar series. Each session will focus on topics that are of particular importance when putting a strategy in place to deal with your assets, investments and farms when you pass away.
Join our experts from SW and Dawes & Vary Riordan Lawyers as we discover the legalities and different aspects of Estate Planning to ensure you have a solid background before we look at the variations, and pitfalls of creating a Will and how to avoid conflict in the family by balancing assets, in session two.
1 Estate Planning 101: Tuesday 8 November 2022
- Overview of Wills and Power of Attorney for financial, legal, personal and medical decisions
- How to structure business enterprises to allow a smooth succession for the next generation
- Water/farming assets and ownership structure
- Taxation treatment of testamentary trusts income
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) consequences when assets pass to beneficiaries
- What happens to your superannuation.
2 How to avoid conflicts over your farm: Tuesday 15 November 2022
- Challenging a Will
- Breakdown of family relationships and divorce
- Promissory estoppel
- Constructive trusts
- Balancing assets between children who are (and are not) involved in the family business
- How to transfer land and assets to the next generation.
If you have any queries or would like more information, please contact the Marketing team via [email protected].