Matt has 22 years’ experience in providing Australian tax advisory services.
Matt has acted for a broad range of clients over that time including local developers and construction groups, property trusts and investors, financial institutions, pension and sovereign funds, State and Federal governments and not for profit organisations.
Matt is also an M&A and transaction specialist who has extensive experience advising on complex mergers, acquisitions, corporate reorganisations and fundraisings, as well as extensive capital markets experience, including for initial public offerings.
He has also been the host of our JobKeeper update webinars throughout COVID-19.
Matt’s experience includes:
- Delivering international tax structuring solutions for inbound and outbound investors
- Providing strategic tax advice and due diligence for Australian and international acquisitions
- Advising Australian companies investing in Asia on optimal structures, profit repatriation and exit strategies
- Assisting clients with Australian Tax Office (ATO) Risk Reviews and Audits
- Applying for Private Binding Rulings from the ATO on complex matters
- Advising clients on complex tax consolidation, anti-avoidance and tax loss recuperation measures.
Matt is a Partner of SW Audit and a Director of SW Accountants & Advisors Pty Ltd.