Emerging Property Fund Managers series 2022
Developing tomorrow’s leaders today
For the sixth year, we deliver an interactive 5-part seminar series to aspiring and emerging leaders in the Property Fund Management sector, with direct access to leading industry experts and their experience, strategic industry insights and pitfalls, and key issues ranging from structuring, debt and equity through to legal and compliance.
Facilitated by our property funds specialists, featuring content developed alongside industry, each session features practical working considerations and discussions with market leaders.
Who should attend?
- Emerging leaders in property fund management
- Professionals involved in the property funds industry
- Property developers looking to move into funds management
- Learn how to protect your business & personal assets
- Different approaches to structuring a product
- Identifying methods to raise debt and equity capital
- Market trends in the different asset classes
- Tax issues arising from different structures
- Effective exit strategies for your investors
- How COVID has changed the landscape
Session 1 | Fundamentals for Success – Part 1
11 October 2022 | Melbourne
The introductory session provides a brief overview of the series structure before hearing first-hand from industry specialists the key lessons they’ve learnt, what challenged them the most, what worked, what didn’t and tips on building the right team.
Session 2 | Fundamentals for Success – Part 2
10 November 2022 | Melbourne
How do you separate your business fund from your personal assets? Learn how to protect yourself, your funds and the appropriate ownership structures recommended to protect your investment and maximise your return.
Session 3 | Fund Structuring
8 December 2022 | Sydney
You may have a plan, but do you know which fund structure will give you the best competitive advantage? The industry experts will talk you through the fund structure matrix which covers local and international equity, fee structure and more.
Session 4 | Debt & Equity
9 February 2023 | Melbourne
Everything you need to consider and what to avoid in modern-day financing. Identify both the traditional and alternative methods for obtaining funding, how to strike a deal with the banks and how best to raise your debt and equity.
Session 5 | Legal, Regulatory & Compliance
9 March 2023 | Sydney
Ensuring your i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed are important for the property funds management industry. Our experts will talk you through the documentation and practical application involved in your fund set-up and provide tips on avoiding common pit-falls to ensure you stay compliant.
- In-person: delivered in either Sydney or Melbourne SW offices
- Online nationally – for attendees outside host city via Zoom meetings
4 – 6pm, mid-month, minimising disruption to your day, week and month
Cost (exc. GST)
- $500 per person for the series
- $1,000 group booking for up to 3 people
- David Southon | Aliro Group
- Howard Brenchley | APN Property Group
- David Omond | KM Property Funds
- Chris Langford | Newmark Capital
- Emma Donaghue | McMahon Clarke
- Georgia Liu | Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Partner, Assurance and Advisory Services
Director, Business & Private Client Advisory
Director, Corporate Finance
If you have any queries or would like more information, please contact the Marketing team via [email protected].